Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Eggshell Planters

My friend and I were talking about crafts today that would be fun to do with our kids (not the baby of course!). We wanted the craft to be a gardening project, so a great idea is Eggshell Planters! I have found a website that explains how to make these and they aren't difficult at all! I have learned from this website that the calcium from the egg shell is great nutrients for the soil as well as being a cute looking project!http://www.kidzworld.com/article/26761-how-to-make-eggshell-planters
Follow the link for more specific instructions, but all you do is cut the top off the egg and drain to have a hollow shell as pictured. Place a cotton ball at the bottom of the hollow egg to help with draining. Fill with soil, plant your seed, and grow! I would also find it fun to decorate these eggshells to add a bit more of your creativity to the whole project. Enjoy!
picture borrowed from:www.nebraskapoultry.com


No comments:

Post a Comment